Schlage B563BD Classroom Function Deadbolt, SFIC Prep
The B500-Series deadbolt is a revolutionary deadbolt that delivers higher security, tougher performance and the ultimate in installation versatility. The B563BD deadbolt accepts any small format I/C (Best Style) core, fits virtually every door you service, enhances lock strength on the jamb side of the door and will change forever the way you look at deadbolts.
- Small Format I/C Core Prep, Less Core (Best Style)
- Accepts 6 or 7 pin cores (not included)
- Includes adjustable backset latch 2 3/8" or 2 3/4"
Classroom Function Deadbolt
- ï»¿Deadbolt thrown or retracted by key outside. Inside turn unit will retract bolt only. Bolt automatically deadlocks when fully thrown.
Features and Benefits
• Adjustable backset with lock-in-place helix design
• Integrated anti-pry shield protects latch
• Thicker metal strike back-up on jamb side
• Standard metal dustbox included
• Third screw for stronger, deeper anchoring
• Additional space inside strike box for true deadlatch
• Deep drawn, single piece steel housing
• 10% larger diameter deadbolt
• Bolt contains hardened steel pin inside to prevent attack by sawing
• Tapered front housing that can't be unscrewed
• Large, easy-to-use, ADA compliant thumbturn
Handing: B250-Series deadlatches are reversible. All other B-Series locksets are non-handed.
B500-Series, 5-pin: 13/8" to 13/4" thick (35mm to 44 mm) standard. Available to 21/4" (57mm), assembled to order.
B250-Series, 5-pin: 13/8" to 13/4" (35mm to 44mm) standard. Available to 21/4" (57mm), assembled to order.
B600/700/800-Series: 13/4" to 2" (44mm to 51mm) standard. Available for 13/8" (35mm) and doors up to 21/2" (63mm), assembled to order. Door ranges may vary by function.
B500-Series: Adjustable for 23/8" (60mm) or 23/4" (70mm) standard.
B250-Series: 23/8" (60mm) standard. 23/4" (70mm) optional.
B600/700/800-Series: 23/4" (70mm) standard, 23/8" (60mm), 33/4" (95mm), 5" (127mm) optional.
Front: Brass, bronze or stainless steel. 11/8" x 21/4" (29mm x 57mm) square corner, beveled.
Dead Bolt: 1" (25 mm) throw with saw-resistant hardened steel insert.
Latch Bolt: Brass, 9/16" (14mm) throw, deadlocking on keyed and exterior functions.
Exposed Trim: Wrought brass, bronze or stainless steel.
Thumbturn: Pressure cast zinc, plated to match finish symbols.
B600 and B250-Series: 11/8" x 23/4" (32mm x 70mm) with steel reinforcer and two 3" screws standard.
B500 Series: 11/8" x 23/4", metal dust box reinforcer and three 3" screws. Optional strikes, lip lengths and ANSI strike box available.
B500 and B250-Series meet or exceed A156.5 Grade 2 strength and operational requirements.
B600/700/800-Series meets or exceeds A156.5 Grade 1 strength and operational requirements.
UL / cUL:
B600/700/800-Series locks are UL10B Listed auxiliary locks for A label single doors, 4 ' x 8 '.
UL10B Listing optional for B500-Series as auxiliary locks. Letter F and UL symbol on latch front indicate listing.
UL437 Listed locking cylinder optional:
Specify Primus 20-500 Series cylinder for B500 and B250-Series Grade 2 products, or specify B800-Series Grade 1 products.
ADA Compliant: Schlage Lock Company offers a wide selection of locks designed to meet the Americans With Disabilities Act.
Cylinder & Keys: 6-pin patented Everest C123 keyway standard with two nickel silver keys per lock. Items specified in C keyway will be furnished 5-pin.
Keying Options: Interchangeable core and Primus XP high security cylinders. Master keying, grand master keying and construction keying.
Commercial: Three-year limited.
Residential: Full lifetime mechanical.