Locks Changed & Rekeyed
Our skilled locksmiths can rekey lock cylinders, open locks, repair locks, and serve as a resource for technical information regarding all types of mechanical and electronic security hardware. A & A uses the latest technology to generate master key systems, code cut keys and engrave keys and cylinders. This highly specialized equipment allows us to quickly and accurately rekey locks no matter what brand you have.
What does it mean to rekey a lock?
To “rekey” a lock means to change the internal workings of a door lock so the old keys no longer open the lock. The lock is reset to work with a different key. The deadbolts, knobs or levers, and hardware are not replaced—only the internal mechanisms that accept the key. Rekeying locks is a cost effective way to change the keys to your home or rental property.
There are many situations where a Rekey is needed.
- Lost, stolen or unreturned keys.
- Want all your home locks to use the same key.
- Purchased new home and want to insure no one else has a key.
- Tenant turnover of a lease or rental property.
- Change of cleaning service or maintenance companies.
- Tenant or roommate moved out.